Social Science (History) Teacher
We’ve partnered with Alliance Charter Schools located in Los Angeles, CA to connect the BEST educators to their school community.
We’re looking for a Social Science (History) Teacher who can catapult scholars toward academic success and create a culture of innovation, excellence and advocacy– someone who performs their craft in a way that empowers students, demonstrates educational equity, and helps push the boundaries of creating college-ready students.
What will you do as an Alliance Educator?
- Develop a positive, achievement-oriented, supportive, and collaborative culture of high expectations that motivates and inspires scholars to learn at college-preparatory levels
- Believe all scholars, regardless of their economic or social circumstances, deserve a quality education and can earn a four-year college degree
- Implore a growth mindset, where you readily give and receive feedback, engage in professional development and have an entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement oriented environment
- Engage in cross curricular and subject area specific collaboration to grow and continue to hone your craft
Alliance School Hours: 7:30am – 3:30pm
What we’d love for you to bring to the classroom…
- An empathy and passion for the diverse demographics of LA students (our schools serve a 98% Hispanic or African American student population )
- A strong command of social justices initiatives
- Resilient and systematic classroom management skills
- A love and savviness for technology
- A personal investment in students achieving success regardless of obstacles
What degrees & credentials you’ll need…
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- A valid California Teaching Credential in the assigned subject area(s) by August 2020 OR A current teaching credential in your state and a willingness to transfer to a valid California Teaching Credential
- Valid English Learner authorization (e.g. CLAD, BCLAD) by August 2020
A partnership with an added bonus
Alliance College Ready Public Schools has partnered with Scoot Education, an educational staffing company, to find connect the BEST educators to their 28 high schools and middle schools serving 13K scholars and 12K alumni, serving LA’s most educationally underserved.
When you work with Scoot Education to apply for this position, you’ll get added career opportunities like a dedicated consultant who connects you to tailored teaching positions across LA, demo lesson coaching, assistance with salary negotiations and much more! And it’s free! Who knew finding your dream teaching job could be so easy?